Here's another Halloween decorating idea for your home! This skull garland is easy to make and can be done for just a few dollars; I've been hanging it on our mantle for years.
Here's how to make them:
- What you'll need: two to three packages of white baking clay, black craft paint, copper wire, black, orange, and yellow beads, and a tooth pick.
- Mold your clay into a number of small skull shapes (making enough to fill your desired length of garland). You can look at pictures online for inspiration. These don't have to be perfect- each one will take on a slightly different shape.
- Using a toothpick, horizontally pierce the clay skull through the center part of the head.
- Bake clay according to label directions. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Paint a face on each of the skulls.
- String the copper wire with your multi-colored beads, alternating colors and creating a pattern of black, orange, and yellow. Do ten sets of this combination, string on a skull and repeat. Continue in this manner until all of your skulls are used and you've reached your desired length.